The Greene Grape began in 2004 with a small wine store in Fort Greene dedicated to small production wine in an affordable price range. In 2008 we opened Greene Grape Provisions in Fort Greene featuring the highest quality, freshest most sustainable food available, as locally sourced as possible. Our seafood counter features fresh selections chosen with an eye towards sustainable fishing. Our butcher counter features grass fed beef, pork and lamb from local New York farms. The cheese counter is quickly approaching 300 different cheeses from all over the world! Add to this our dairy, organic & local produce and grocery and you have one stop shopping for all your cooking needs.
Greene Grape Core Values
Our mission is to be a direct source for everyday food and wine made with integrity, skill and pride; food and wine you will enjoy.
Our core values are:
- Wow our customers! We constantly strive to delight our customers through friendly, helpful and knowledgeable service. We know our customers are our reason for being.
- Wow our employees! We strive to create a work environment where everyone feels genuinely happy to come to work and where each employee has the ability to learn and grow. If our employees are happy our customers will be happy.
- Making food and wine is an art. We strive to partner with food and wine makers who love what they do. We believe that passion inspires greatness and creates consistently excellent products.
- We believe in open and honest relationships with all our stakeholders through communication.
- We embrace change and are always looking to improve every aspect of our business.
- Do more with less. We come up with innovative ways to be efficient in everything we do.
- We will uphold the highest levels of business ethics and personal integrity in all types of transactions and interactions. Obeying the law, both in letter and in spirit, is the foundation on which the Company’s ethical standards are built.