Any gathering can be a party with one simple ingredient – The Greene Grape Pizza Recipe! A homemade pizza is a great way to custom tailor your pie to your guests and a fun cooking activity to boot. Scoops and Sweets’ Housemade Pizza Dough streamlines the process while preserving the thrilling parts of pizza making: shaping your pie and picking your toppings! Some of our favorite toppings at the Greene Grape are fresh pesto, marinara sauce, roasted veggies, cured meats and charcuterie, our housemade mozzarella, aged parmesan, fresh basil, and our housemade sausages, just to name a few! – You can take it up a notch with this great pizza recipe for a grilled pie by our own Kelsey Werner!
Here’s our easy-as-pie guide to making your own pizza:
- 1 ball of our Housemade Pizza Dough (which makes two 12” round, thin crust pizzas)
- All-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Toppings of your choice
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit. If using a pizza stone, put it in the oven now to heat up as well
- Remove thawed dough from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. Use fresh dough within 5 days of defrosting.
- Prepare a clean work surface and lightly dust it with all purpose flour
- Remove the dough from the package and dust it with flour so it’s easy to work with.
- Press out the dough into your desired shape using your fingers.
- If using a pizza stone, transfer the dough to a flour or cornmeal dusted pizza peel, and continue to press out into a round shape. If baking in a pan, lightly oil a rectangle or round baking sheet and gently transfer your dough over and onto the sheet, and continue to shape as desired.
- Gently brush the edges of the dough with olive oil using your fingers or a pastry brush
- Add your toppings! As many or as few as you’d like, don’t be afraid to get creative!
- When the oven reaches 450, bake until bubbling, golden on the edges and crisp; about 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!